Miyerkules, Mayo 20, 2015

Dubai Accounting Firms: Different types of Accountants

Accountants in UAE

Image Source: http://careers.alot.com/

It was a perfect day! I rose early, preparing for one of the biggest day in my life – my first job interview. I left the house past 6 am even though my interview will fall at 9 and I got at the Embassy FS office at early 8 am.

I didn’t feel any nervousness or any nerve racking emotions. What I felt is excitement and gladness. The clock ticks at 9 and here comes the tie-suited good looking man, holding a piece of paper, calling out my name.

The interview starts and the first-half is good. The tension starts to build up when he asked me this question, “If ever you will be hired, what type of accountant you want to be?”! Boom! I felt that the world stop spinning for a second. I really don’t know what to say, to the point that I nodded and said, any accounting position that is in need or vacant.

That point, the tie-suited man noticed that I don’t have any idea about types of accountant. He rise up and went to the white board, my heart is beating fast as he smiled and discussed the different types of accountants.

Different types include:

Auditors
Auditors help to ensure firms efficiency by keeping public records accurate and confirm payment of taxes properly on time. Auditors also analyze the financial information for various entities such as companies, clients and local governments. They provide information to clients by preparing, analyzing and verifying financial documents.

Forensic Accountant
This is a special are of practice in accountancy where-in accounting, auditing and investigative skills are used to assist the court in legal matters. Also known as forensic auditors or investigative auditors who investigate white-collar crimes like security fraud and bankruptcies.

Public Accountant
He is a general accountant who either works for an accounting firm or has his own private practice. His daily tasks include auditing, tax and financial planning, consulting and providing advice about compensation and benefits.

Tax Professional
He is specifically trained in taxation. He knows exactly how to compute for your taxes.

Financial Adviser
He is the one who provides investment advice and financial planning services to clients. He consults them with an intention to better their financial situations.

Accounting Consultants
He has high subject matter expertise in preparing financial reports, pro-forma financial statements and repots. He also analyzes, interprets and evaluates financial statements and reports for clients and organizations. He can help a business with all of its financial needs.

I was greatly overwhelmed when I heard all of these. For the second time, he asked me what type of an accountant I want to be? This time, I answer him confidently that I want to be a Tax Professional. He smiled and offered me a hand, saying welcome to the company.

Like this blog? You may also read:

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento